Sunday, August 14, 2011

Blood, sweat, tears, and prayers

My wife has a great idea for the next step in my journey to walk.  She says that if I am able to succeed with the walker independantly, then we will schedule a meeting with my conservator to discuss preparing to move to Idaho.  To be independant with the walker means that I will be able to get up in the morning and just use the walker to get ready for the day and in everything I do during the day.  The only thing that I will not use the walker for is to walk the dogs.  Once we put my wheelchairs in the garage for a full week, I will have met the goal for this step. 

To accomplish this goal will take a lot of prayer, asking the Lord to be my backbone.  I will also need support from all those that love me and want the best for me.  I believe that it will take me two months to reach this goal.  This will take me being the man Heavenly Father wants me to be, the husband my wife needs me to be, the pet owner that my dogs need, and the future Daddy that my children deserve. 

A while back Elder McCannon gave me a priesthood blessing and in the blessing he told me that I will walk again without the walker, that I will not need any assistance if I give it my full effort of body and soul that the Lord will hep me to do this.  A long time ago Sister Mullins promised me that if I kept the Word of Wisdom that I would walk again.  At the time, I had not been walking at all.  I am ready to cash in on these promises, but I need your help to not get discouraged.  I AM GOING TO DO THIS BECAUSE IT IS TIME THAT I STEP UP AND NOT FEEL SORRY FOR MYSELF ANYMORE.  With the Lord's help I will accomplish this goal that I have had for the longest time. 

5 comments:

Alanna said...

Pat, you CAN do this. Your wife, your friends, and most of all the Lord will help you if you give entirely of yourself and submit your will.

You are a very strong person and I look forward to the day when you will walk again!

Angie said...

It sounds like a mighty goal. But you can do it, Pat! We love you and are rooting for you. Every time I see you you are stronger and more stable. You are an amazing individual! Keep it up! Lots of love!

emuli said...

This is the former Sister Mullins tuning in: Pat, you are an amazing person. I know that as you try to accomplish this goal, you will feel discouraged. But I also know that all it takes to have a successful day is to spend one minute longer on your own two feet instead of in your chair. Maybe only taking one step more than the day before. You can accomplish this. You have but to rely on the Lord, and let Him carry you.

I'm so proud of you! Give Melissa a hug for me.

stefie lou said...

Pat, you are a phenominal man! You are brave. And you are certanily courageous. I have seen you walk this journey as a your wife's previous mission companion. I surely, stand all amazed to witness God's supporting hand in all of our lives. I love you. I believe in you--as does your Father in Heaven. Woot woot!I will be including you in my fast & prayers for the next few months or more! And I will be sure to include you in my prayers and upon the prayer roll at the Rexburg Temple.

We do believe in a God of miracles. And Pat--you have lived that miracle and are continueing to do so!

I am so proud of you both.

Love--Stefanie

Tina said...

We ALL know that you CAN do it!!!