Sunday, September 18, 2011

I just want Pat to know how proud I am of him.  What I told the judge is absolutely correct.  He has grown in leaps and bounds in the last few years.  When I first met him, I saw a glimmer of the man he could and would become and it is so wonderful to see that man all of the time now.  I can't wait to see how he surpasses both his and my expectations.  Soon the world will see what I have known all along, that he is the leader and I just have to scramble to keep up.

I also want our friends and family to know how much I love them all.  While Friday was terrifying and nerve wracking, all we had to do was to think of all of the friendly faces behind us to realize that those that are with those greatly outnumbered those who were with them.  I only wish that Pat's family would have been willing to be on our side instead of against us.  I hope that in time, there won't be any sides anymore. 

We truly felt the presence of angels, those seen and unseen on Friday and throughout this whole process.  We never could have accomplished it on our own.  To Emily, Devin, Alanna, Bonnie, Brian, and Melissa's family, we can never tell you how grateful we are and how much we love you.  We must have been awfully good in the premortal existance to earn family like you. 

2 comments:

Alanna said...

I'm so proud of you Pat and so happy that your guardianship is gone now.

And we're so glad we could celebrate with you Friday night. It was a fun night and we count ourselves very lucky to have such good friends like you all. Truly, an extension of our family.

The Collingwood Family said...

AWESOME, AWESOME! So proud and glad to be part of your extended family.
love,
Michalann