Sunday, March 18, 2012

We're back!!!

I bet some of you have been wondering where we were in the last few months.  It has been a while since we posted, mostly because I remembered the advice from Bambi that if you don't have anything nice to say, you shouldn't say anything at all.  For those that are not aware, Pat had virtually stopped walking since the court date except for an occasional jaunt up the stairs to our friends house.  It has been a very discouraging and hard time for both of us.  There is good news to report on that front, but I will save it for my next post.

On another note, in the months since my last post, I have gone through several position changes at work.  The changes are good for my personal and career growth, but they have been rather difficult.  My current title is now Training and Development Supervisor.  This is challenging because since I started with the company in 2007, we have grown from a staff of about 7 patient account representatives to 40, and most of them have been with the company less than 1 year.  To further complicate things, there have been quite a few changes in leadership as well. 

So now my charge is to get all of our new staff up to speed, in compliance with the company policies and vision, and assist the new leadership staff with their growth and training.  So there have been (and will continue to be) lots of long hours, stress, and lots and lots of prayer.  I think we are headed in the right direction and it is a great priveledge to be able to create the training program from scratch, plus it gives me a chance to get back to my love of teaching.  Although, after substituting in Gospel Doctrine today, I realize that I love teaching about the gospel more than anything else in the world.

With my longer hours at work, Pat has had to kick things into high gear at home and has really grown and matured in the last few months.  But I think that we both agree that we enjoy it more when I do the majority of the cooking.  :)

Stay tuned for an update on Pat.

No comments: