Thursday, July 12, 2012

How's Pat doing?

Pat is doing great actually.  He hasn't been walking quite as much as I would like, but we are building up to it.  :) I figured we would start by having him get up at 8 or 8:30ish every morning (he is not loving that).  But I am used to getting up early, so my day is halfway done before he starts to stir. 

This afternoon we went to the Discovery Bay Pool with some family friends.  For those of you who haven't been there, we highly recommend it.  There are a couple of really great waterslides, an awesome wading pool, a lazy river (although the current is much stronger than the current on the one at the FunPlex) and a nice regular pool that goes as high as 5 feet deep.  Pat did quite a bit of walking, he will be super sore tomorrow.  He was able to take a lot of steps on his own in the water and kept his balance very well, except for the Lazy River.  We think they should rename it the Rapid River, since the current kept pulling him away from me and then moving us both along much faster than we were comfortable with. 

If that wasn't enough walking for him, I got him to walk into a frozen yogurt place with me.  As a reward, a very sweet stranger bought both of us some frozen yogurt.  I don't know his name, but his kind words really touched me and I felt so blessed that someone we didn't even know would take the time to acknowledge what we are trying to do together.

Well enough of the fun stuff, now back to packing.  Groan.

2 comments:

Alanna said...

Sounds like a fun day and how thoughtful of that stranger.

Merry said...

I think that it's so wonderful that man wanted to support the two of you in your efforts!