Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Hump Day

Well, we have been doing pretty good on our goals.  Hershey and SuperGirl took a nice long walk today, Hershey only tried to run off with one jogger.  The jogger didn't look like he would enjoy the experience so I quickly reined Hershey in.  SuperPat and Buster were supposed to be joining us on the walk, but they did not.  We walked about 2 miles, SuperPat and Buster walked a different direction, so I am not sure how far they went. 

I do have to report that SuperPat made it three fourths of the way to the pole with the water!!! yeah, that is a big improvement. 

We also had some really great breakthroughs in therapy tonight.  Pat was talking about his fear of water/drowning and his therapist explained that it is probably a panic attack brought on by the thought/fear of suffocation and most likely is related to the feeling of not being able to breath with the carbon monoxide poisioning.  Pat also admitted that he has been viewing his walking and exercising with the all or nothing approach.  That is, if you mess up once, or miss a day, you might as well throw the whole program out the window because you have failed.  Sounds like a pretty common approach to dieting... 

Anyway, SuperGirl's main goal for this week is to show her love for SuperPat by emulating Ray Charles's mother.  SuperPat is very against this approach.  The best way to describe it is to say that she taught him how to fish instead of catching fish for him.  Sadly, SuperGirl often gets roped into Pat's get help quick (very similar to get rich quick but with better rewards) schemes and finds herself doing a lot of things that SuperPat could/should be doing for himself.   Hmm, I bet I could work this into one of the YW value projects, guess I  better do some research. 

SuperPat says "To all my peeps, this is only the beginning, I still have a long way to go to even come close to vanquishing the krytonite forever.  I am here waiting for my daily contact.  I like phone calls, drive bys, or e-mails.  I love all of you guys with all my heart, I will not let you down."

SuperGirl's final word: When SuperPat is able to carry the cup of water to the pole and demonstrate in front of an audience, homemade rootbeer floats at our house for anyone who wants to celebrate. 

1 comment:

Alanna said...

I love you you said Peeps Pat. Keep up the good work. It's definitely not an all or nothing approach although I can see how it could feel like that.

Have a great day!