Sunday, September 12, 2010

A new beginning

Well in honor of the new start, we have gone with a new design.  Hope you like it.  SuperGirl and SuperPat were so touched at all the love and concern that everyone shows.  You guys are just the greatest.  I just want to go on the record saying that the last three nights have been Pat's turn to chase Buster.  I have gone to bed with him shouting "Buster come home buddy" every night.  While it is nice that I am not the chaser, it is time for a change. 

So SuperGirl has challenged SuperPat to take her on a daily 30 minute walk and she is going with or without him.  SuperPat thinks it is hillarious that I keep a pair of running shoes in the car, but you never know when the mood is going to strike you.  And mom, for the record, running/walking is a great stress reliever when you are angry about something.  I'm just saying...  wait I don't think you ever get angry about anything, so I guess it is left for us hot-headed types. 

SuperPat's goals for tomorrow:
Superman stretches 6 1/2 times (SuperGirl wants to know how you do half of a stretch)
Carry a half cup of water from the kitchen to the pole in the dining room
30 push ups
30 sit ups
15 walks
My he is ambitious!!!

SuperGirl's goals:
Run at least 10 minutes during the 30 minute walk
Eat lunch, spiffy new purple lunch bag should help that
Get to bed with the lights out and tv off by 11
Work out on with Wii Fit - SuperPat is not allowed to laugh when Wii Fit chews me out for missing a few days.  Or when it makes that funny sighing noise when I hop on like it is disappointed in me for not being in better shape.

Lofty goals for both of us,  Let the best man (or woman) win.

5 comments:

K said...

I'm a little late, but I'd like to offer my support as well. Pat, I've never officially met you, but I've heard a lot about you from Melissa. I was just catching up on the last few posts - I know I don't know you, but I feel a closeness to you because I have some pretty daunting struggles myself and right now I just don't want to do it. I don't want to help myself. I feel like I can't. I see you have set new goals for tomorrow (well, today in my time zone) and I want to let you know that I'm rooting for you no matter how tomorrow turns out. Maybe if I root for you, you can root for me too?....

K said...

I posted my last comment to soon - SuperGirl, I'm game to have the same "rooting pact" with you, of course. :)

Alanna said...

GO Super Pat and Super Girl. Sounds like good goals for both of you for today. You all can do it.

Andrea said...

NO MORE KRYPTONITE!! I know you guys can do it!!

SuperPat said...

Hi Melissa,
Don't get thinking that I don't care about you when I root for Pat. I just want him to keep going!!!! I'm so grateful that you are doing this.
I need to add a PS to my last email/comment. PS Me Mad? Never??? Ha ha. I fooled you. :) And I'm back down to 4 sit-ups and 3 push-ups!!!! That's bad but I'm NOT giving up. We'll see who can beat who by Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and I went to bed by 10:00 last night! Didn't sleep but I Was in bed!)