Monday, January 3, 2011

Back on the wagon again

I have been promising Pat for days that I would get back on the wagon again and blog about our trip, his gym success, etc.  So I guess it is time to make good on my promise.

We had such a wonderful trip to Utah for Kat and Tim's wedding.  I have to admit that even though I really wasn't onboard with the idea at first, it turned out so wonderful that I wouldn't have had it any other way.  So here are some of my thoughts about the trip.  I will blog about Pat's accomplishments in a few minutes.

Things that weren't so great
  • The Provo Tabernacle burning down - and staying in a hotel right next door while it was still on fire.  I will always remember going to Stake Conference there when I was at BYU and not remembering a single thing the speakers talked about because I was so busy looking at the beautiful building around me.
  • Poor Julia teething.  She is such a fun pleasant baby and she has the most beautiful smile, but you could tell she felt awful and my heart just went out to her.
  • Pat having to walk double laps at the temple because of some confusion with the workers about what we were trying to do.  He says he didn't mind much though and he didn't complain ...much.
  • Reed loosing our car at the temple parking and having to walk and walk and walk and walk only to have him turn around and say that he thought we should have gone up at level three instead of down.  Next time, we opt for valet parking.  :)
  • Aunt Debbie not getting to come.  Pat says that it just wasn't the same without her.  Not that we don't love all of our family tons.  We would say the same about Loren, but we know he is right where he needs to be.
Things that were awesome
  • Getting to see all of our wonderful family that came.  Pat loved meeting a few members that he had only heard stories about.  Now he knows what we mean when we talk about Uncle Kevin hitting his head on the ceiling fan because he is so tall.
  • Pat seeing the lights on Temple Square for the first time.  We want to go back when we have time to go to the visitor's center and watch the nativity.  We were sad that David Archuleta was singing with MoTab so we couldn't go.
  • Lunch with our friends from Greeley at their restaurant in Lindon where we had some pretty amazing Australian Barbecue.  I loved getting a chance to catch up with them, it has been about 5 years I think.  Pat loved the food, but what is new.  Dad, all I have to say is that you really missed out.  It ended up being the same price as McDonalds.  The really funny thing was that as we left, they mentioned in passing that they had opened a second express location in Provo.  So we could have all eaten there, but we wouldn't have gotten to see the McFaddens.
  • Getting to hold, see, play with our nieces and nephews who we never see enough of.  But of course that always makes us baby hungry.  Pat get walking!!!
  • Dancing at the wedding reception and seeing the look on Pat's face when Dad and Mom danced by.  That really made his day.
To sum it all up, we just wish we could have had one more day with everyone.  We love you all!

2 comments:

Alanna said...

Sounds like a great trip.

Angie said...

I didn't know you'd been to that church, Mel. I love this blog post. It really sums up the trip. :) It was so great to see you all! Thanks for the memories! And Susie is so cute in her new outfits. Sometime I"ll post or send pics. Love,
Angie