Saturday, March 19, 2011

Therapy Anyone

I am so grateful for divine coincidences that are not really coincidences at all.  There are so many things that happened to brought Pat to therapy with Emily.  When I look back, I am so amazed at all the things that could have changed just a little and I never would have gotten him into therapy.

I know it has been extremely difficult and heart wrenching for him and at times he really wants to quit going.  But the progress he has made emotionally and physically has been inspiring.  He has been maturing mentally at an amazing rate.  I can see him becoming a strong and gentle priesthood holder and he impresses me daily with his new understanding of life in generally and his own life in specific. 

Physically, I can see major changes as well.  He is standing taller and walking better every day.  Even more than that, his confidence is growing.  He has been willing to walk more by himself (but still not as much as I would like) and he has been falling a lot less because he isn't second guessng himself or looking back for his spotter.

Therapy is one of the best things that has ever hapened to him, and I am so grateful for a therapist that Pat has been able to relate to and love so well.

1 comment:

Merry said...

Therapy is a hard thing. In everyday life, you can build up barriers between your conscious mind and the emotions you need to work through. But it's good to work through it all and create some stronger coping mechanisms. I hope that Pat feels better and better about it.