Monday, August 16, 2010

Rainy days and Mondays

When I came home today, I got ths shock of my life. For a moment, I thought I had walked into the wrong house.  Not only did Buster have a spa day, but my husband had managed to get the living room, bathroom, and part of the kitchen cleaned.  I really didn't recognize the living room for a moment.  His aunt and uncle came over to give Buster a bath and haircut and decided to help Pat surprise me.  Not only did they clean up, but they did some rearranging of the furniture and it looks great.  The best part of the day was hearing Pat talk about how tired he is now and how different it feels to be in a clean house.  Now if we can only build on this momentum...  I guess we will see how he does while I am at YW tomorrow night.  I am still pretty speechless about the whole thing.  I offered to take some pictures so that Pat could "remember" what it is supposed to look like all the time, but Pat declined.  Pat wants the world to know that he finally met his housecleaning goal.  If Pat didn't get upset by the bald comparison, I would start calling him Mr. Clean.

Pat's goals for tomorrow:
* 20ish walks
*walking with the cup, without the water
* walking with the cup, with some water in the bottom
* superman stretches 10 times, plus a bunch of other stretches
* working on sit to stand until he begs for mercy
* working on sitting without plopping, throwing himself on the chair, or missing the chair
* making the home look like a castle (or at least the rooms he missed today)

2 comments:

Angie said...

I can't believe the progress you seem to be making, Pat! It's awesome! Keep up the good work. I think a grab bar around the fence is a great idea and that's neat that you'll be sending the dogs outside. It might take some getting used to for everyone. I really liked the post about the picnic and walking on the grass. Good job, Pat on catching yourself, and good job, Mel, for letting him fall. :) It sounds like you're both doing great!

Alanna said...

Good for you Pat. As a wife, it's always wonderful when our husbands surprise us and make our lives easier. Keep it up!